A great compilation of quotes by famous authors, trash talking about other, equally well-known authors, and literary rivals.
Jane Austen, according to Mark Twain (1898)
I haven’t any right to criticize books, and I don’t do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can’t conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Every time I read ‘Pride and Prejudice,’ I want to dig her up and hit her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
You go, Twain!
Link.More posts about: Authors, Jane Austen, Literature, Mark Twain, Pride And Prejudice
You Might Like
- 1600 Year Old Book Proves Ancient Romans Had A Sense of Humor
- “Ophelia” – A Painting by Rich Pellegrino
- Interview With Delicious Storm – A Book on Architectural Concepts For Young Creative Minds
- Sleeveface – The Book
- Ron Turner Pulp Cover Collection
- Be a Nose! – Art Spiegelman’s Works Animated
- Continuous City: A Stunning Art Book and Graphic Novel About NYC
- Tim Ferriss Interviews AJ Jacobs
- Dobby is Free Collectible
- 101 Zen Stories
- 40 Hauntingly Beautiful Photographs Taken In Graveyards
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – The greatest book leak ever ?