If you are an upcoming artist, this is your chance to shine. H&M is holding a great online art contest with a “New York City” theme. The entries submitted to the contest will be displayed in a virtual gallery, and visitors to the site can vote for their favorites.
As I will be on the H&M jury panel which will review the top ten artworks, I would love to see you folks submitting your artworks to the contest.
The winning finalist will not only have his or her work exhibited in the window of the H&M store located at 42nd Street and 5th Avenue in New York City, but will also win some cool prizes.
The winner will receive:
- $5,000 stipend to support an up-and-coming art career.
- $500 H&M gift card.
- Roundtrip airfare and accommodations in New York City while installing the piece in the store window.
- Up to $15,000 installation budget.
There are already some excellent entries submitted to the site, do check them out and vote for them here.
- All entries to the contest must be made by October 15th, 2010, and is open only to U.S. citizens.
- Link to “Your Art Here" contest.