Facebook has more than 500 million active users with an average of 130 friends each. All together, they spend more than 700 billion minutes a month in the social network… Why? Who are all those people?
1000 Faces – Share your story about Facebook, an interactive social media experiment/book project, not only seeks to find answers to the aforementioned questions, but also aims to support charity organizations. The project is the brainchild of German agency On Any Given Monday, in collaboration with photographer Stefan Milev.
From the 15th of March, 2011, users worldwide can upload their picture to the official On Any Given Monday Facebook page, and share their personal stories about why they are part of the most popular social network in the world.
Detached from the bulk of anonymous profiles, with a participation number that is visible to every user, they become active part of the project within the social media giant. From all pictures collected, Milev and creative director Marko Puclin will choose the 1000 most interesting faces and stories and perpetuate them in a hardcover (book).
The book will be made available online and in bookstores around the world. All proceeds from the sale of the book is to be donated to two non-profit organizations - Earth Focus and Aloha in Action (AIA).
Link to the On Any Given Monday Facebook page.
You Might Like
- First Photo of The Facebook Phone
- Wired’s Facebook Page Hacked?
- 50 Goodies – Illustrations of Heroic Pop Culture Characters
- Talk To Me – An Animated Short Film
- Fake Superhero Facebook Feeds
- Facebook Comic by Dave Walker
- Facebook Like Button Stamp For Real Life
- Interview With Delicious Storm – A Book on Architectural Concepts For Young Creative Minds
- The Disarticulated Skeleton Magic Trick
- Sleeveface – The Book
- Firefly – Free Fan Fiction Novel
- Tim Ferriss Interviews AJ Jacobs