The 1982 movie Tron may not have made much money for Disney during its release, but is now revered as a cult sci-fi classic. The movie was one of the first films from a major movie production house to extensively use CGI.
Interestingly, the Motion Picture Academy refused to nominate Tron for special effects, because they felt that the usage of computers for creating the special effects amounted to cheating.
I found this great video of a famous bike chase scene in Tron, reanimated with cardboard objects, and stop motion photography.
Watch the original scene for comparison.
You Might Like
- Frankenstein – The Return to Malibou Lake
- Animated Typography – Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
- Starcrash – Trailer of the Campy Science Fiction Classic
- Mike Mitchell’s Crazy For Cult Poster
- Psycho – Original Shower Scene Storyboard By Saul Bass
- Roadmovie – Brilliant Stop Motion Animated Film by Rogier Wieland
- Pixar’s Up – First Full Length Trailer
- Stop Motion Animation From Japan Features Strike Witches and Busou Shinki Action Figures